Date: 11/18/18 1:20 pm
From: janna pauser <jannapauser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] continuing Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, White-throated Sparrow
I birded at the Santa Clara Valley Water District, 5700 Almaden Exp this
morning. It was quiet except for the east side. I walked along the lower
gravel trail close to Blossom Hill Rd. and found the HY male YELLOW
BELLIED SAPSUCKER in a tangle of dead trees. ACORN WOODPECKERS and
NORTHERN FLICKERS were attracted to the same trees. A RED BREASTED
SAPSUCKER seemed to follow the YBSA off into trees along the upper
gravel road that also leads to Blossom Hill.

I found a tan striped WHITE THROATED SPARROW in vegetation with crowned
and LINCOLN'S SPARROWS close to the creek. Another RED BREASTED
SAPSUCKER was in a Pepper tree near the street parking lot, where I see
it frequently.

Janna Pauser
San Jose