Date: 11/18/18 9:50 am
From: Range Bayer <range.bayer...>
Subject: [obol] Nov. 17: 7 Tundra Swans; Franklin's Gulls; Snow Bunting (Lincoln Co.)
1) Howard Shippey's photographs of the 7 Swans at Idaho Flats yesterday
(11/17) afternoon indicate that they were 6 adult and one immature Tundra
Swans. Howard wrote: "At sunset they flew toward and landed near Idaho
Point, but by the time I drove out there, I couldn't relocate them. "

2) Franklin's Gull (Leucophaeus pipixcan) (2)
- Reported Nov 17, 2018 07:45 by Phil Pickering
- Boiler Bay State Wayside, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.8288173,-124.0658998&ll=44.8288173,-124.0658998
- Comments: "1st-cycle followed by basic adult south at close range a few
minutes apart"

3) Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (2)
- Reported Nov 17, 2018 15:00 by Jonathan Dachenhaus
- Yaquina Bay SP, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.624892,-124.063282&ll=44.624892,-124.063282
- Comments: "Stumbled upon this pair right around the yellow beach access
number sign. Was actually looking for a LALO that was reported but found
these guys instead. Got excellent looks of the overall whiteness compared
to a LALO, along with the distinctive white wing bars"

Range Bayer, Newport

Join us on Facebook!