Date: 11/17/18 9:05 pm
From: Russ Namitz <namitzr...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Gold Beach gulls & Horned Lark
I will add the photo when I return after the weekend

Russ

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 17, 2018, at 4:55 PM, Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...><mailto:<timrodenkirk...>> wrote:

Russ,

I have seen Horned Lark several times in Coos and also in Curry but I have always seen a larger not very yellow subspecies (I think maybe arcticola). If you are sure on the subspecies it would be a great Curry find!

I was working in tan oak country NE of Brookings the latter half of the week. Hutton’s Vireos were singing. The woods were full of A. Robins and Waxwing flocks eating madrone berries too. Otherwise pretty quiet with morning temps at sunrise in lower 50’s at 2,000’, east winds a blowing. Great fall color from maples in all the drainages I was in.

A Say’s Phoebe wintering up the Winchuck where reported earlier this fall also (at farm hiuse a bit past the one mile marker).

A few more sunny days and then winter shall finally arrive- enjoy!

Tim R
Coos Bay

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 5:46 PM Alan Contreras <acontrer56...><mailto:<acontrer56...>> wrote:
I never see many G-wings in south Curry.

Have they left some fennel patches?

Did you, er, get a good look at the lark?

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...><mailto:<acontrer56...>

www.alanlcontreras.com<http://www.alanlcontreras.com>

> On Nov 16, 2018, at 5:33 PM, Russ Namitz <namitzr...><mailto:<namitzr...>> wrote:
>
> At the Gold Beach Marina, there continues to be a flock of about 2000 gulls comprised mostly of CALIFORNIA GULLS. There are almost 100 HERRING GULLS but very few GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULLS, which I found interesting.
>
> At the construction gravel pit, there was a ‘streaked’ HORNED LARK with 3 AMERICAN PIPITS.
>
> Cheers,
> Russ Namitz
>
> Sent from my iPhone 9$Òzwr¢êé¢Ëm¢†è•úÞzX¬¶Ê+€“ˆ4äPP„á¶Ú ÿ 0~·ž–+-²ŠàþX¬·ú ¢S 8¶«r ¯zÌ0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒö«r ¯{ú ¢P¨žÖœ¶j z¶­¢º ¢Y¨uêÚ¶Šì~·ž–+-²Šà
POST: Send your post to <obol...><mailto:<obol...>
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol<http://www.freelists.org/archive/obol>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...><mailto:<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!