Date: 11/16/18 8:42 am
Subject: Re: Wintering birds
At my house, the 3 Purple Finches (1 male, 2 female/immature) continue this morning, with the latter two almost continuously feeding. While I was outside filling up seed just now, I heard a few Red-breasted Nuthatches tooting in the trees, such a lovely sound! Waiting for them to come down and feed on the suet. I've only seen a single Junco on and off.
Cheers,Kyle KittelbergerRaleigh, NC
On Friday, November 16, 2018, 11:12:08 AM EST, Edith Tatum <carolinabirds...> wrote:

I just put out my homemade lard, peanut butter and cornmeal suet.  My Pine Warbler and Eastern Bluebirds found it immediately.  Chipping and White-throated Sparrows as ell as Juncos are feeding on the seeds I pit on the ground.  All is well in my yard.
Edith Tatum
Durham

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!