Date: 11/15/18 1:24 pm
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] Google Street View Birding
Birders,

I’d like to take a moment to talk about a recent fad that I just found out
about. Simply put, you try and find as many bird species as you can via
Google Street View. It sounds absolutely ridiculous, and it is. However,
having tried it out the other day, I must say it is incredibly
entertaining, especially considering the limited daylight we currently have
provide less hours in the day to go bird watching. If you are on Facebook,
there is a group dedicated to this pursuit, called Google Street View
Birding. The 500+ members have already collectively found over 300 species
through these means, all over the world. Give it a try if you dare!

Here’s an example of a Brown Booby (look up) I found in Mexico. There are
other boobies flying around as well.

https://www.google.com/maps/@20.6979029,-105.5683564,0a,75y/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sHi6k6sETGLgGM44_Ac9x1w!2e0

Happy searching,
-Nick Mrvelj (Portland)