Date: 11/14/18 6:45 pm
From: Liam Waters <youngeaglewaters...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Recent Sharon highlights
Sorry for the belated reports.
Vin Zollo is still getting Red Crossbills sporadically, seen and heard
around the nature center at Moose Hill WS with a recent high of 12 on
the 12th. (And Red-breasted Nuthatches are near peak density in the
white pines.)
There have been decent numbers of Purple Finches and Pine Siskins (and
a rather large Bluebird flock) at Moose Hill Farm TTOR, but I haven't
gotten up there in the past few days so not sure if numbers have
decreased.
Will Sweet found a Barrows Goldeneye and a Lesser Black-backed Gull at
Lake Massapoag on the 13th and the Barrows was still present on the
14th.
Evening Grosbeaks are around, but impossible to pin down. A few flocks
have been seen as flyovers recently and we had a single vocal male
that was perched across the street from our house but couldn't find
our feeders before flying off (unfortunately).

Happy birding,
Liam Waters
Sharon

Join us on Facebook!