Date: 11/14/18 4:18 pm
From: Eve Meier <eve_m_meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] SCVAS Field Trip: Los Gatos Creek County Park
This morning (11/14) I led a SCVAS field trip to Los Gatos Creek County Park. The highlights were the wintering ducks. We were able to find MALLARDS, GADWALLS, 1 AMERICAN WIGEON, 4 REDHEADS, RING-NECKED DUCKS, 1 COMMON GOLDENEYE, BUFFLEHEADS, COMMON MERGANSERS, a pair of HOODED MERGANSERS, and RUDDY DUCKS. The Redheads were on pond 1 (pond closest to the parking lot) and the Common Goldeneye along with the Hooded Merganser pair were on pond 4 (pond with island closest to Oka Ln.). Several WILSON SNIPES were also spotted on the island in pond 4.

Ebird: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49935186

Eve Meier
San Jose (Cambrian Area)