Date: 11/14/18 4:06 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene
It was good birding at Delta Ponds this morning. We had some new ducks for the season and a fair variety of non-aquatic birds. 2 adult Eagles flying together was exciting and a third Black Phoebe was a nice surprise. Robins were flocked at a bearing fruit tree and a mass of goldfinches were bothering the cones on a cedar-type tree. We also had a nice flock of Yellow-rumps early along the path. We parked at the N-W corner of the Valley River parking lot, next to the river, at the start of the Delta Ponds trail.
46 species

Canada Goose less than 100
Wood Duck 50+
Northern Shoveler 12
Gadwall nice bunch and scattered groups maybe 75
American Wigeon 30
Mallard common
Green-winged Teal 60
Ring-necked Duck 35
Lesser Scaup 15
Bufflehead 12
Common Goldeneye 6
Hooded Merganser 6 (one male flaring his hood)
Pied-billed Grebe 8
Anna’s Hummingbird 1
American Coot 10
Wilson’s Snipe 1
Greater Yellowlegs 2
Ring-billed Gull 3
Glaucous-winged Gull 2
Gull species 3
Great Blue Heron 6
Great Egret 3
Bald Eagle 2 adults
Cooper’s Hawk 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Belted Kingfisher 7
Northern Flicker 3
Black Phoebe 3
California Scrub-Jay 8
American Crow 10
Black-capped Chickadee 4
Bushtit small flock
Bewick’s Wren 2
Golden-crowned Kinglet 15
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 5
American Robin 30
European Starling few
Lesser Goldfinch few mixed with the Americans
American Goldfinch 50
Spotted Towhee 5
Song Sparrow 4
Golden-crowned Sparrow 2
Dark-eyed Junco 2
Red-winged Blackbird 6
Yellow-rumped Warbler 20+
Townsend’s Warbler 1

Dennis Arendt, Judy Franzen, Ellen Cantor, Jim Regali, Tom Cable, Kit Larsen, Steve Dignam, Sue Hutchinson, Nancy Clogston, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!