Date: 11/14/18 7:37 am
From: Chris Kubiak <ckubiak...>
Subject: Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve 11/14 (Allegheny Co)
Had a really great morning birding at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve in Fox
Chapel, PA. Amongst the usual resident species and large flocks of
White-throated Sparrows that continue to hang around, we had a number of
noteworthy birds:

2 different flocks of Tundra Swans that passed over the reserve, estimating
over 200+ birds between the two. They were moving northeast and headed
towards the Allegheny River. We also had about a had dozen Pine Siskins at
our feeders (no Evening Grosbeaks yet), and out on the trails an adult male
Red-shouldered Hawk, 2-3 Golden-Crowned Kinglets, 12+ Turkey Vultures moving
south, and roughly 4 Eastern Bluebirds.

Chris Kubiak| Director of Education

Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania

614 Dorseyville Road, Pittsburgh PA 15238

412-963-6100 ext. 12 | aswp.org

Connecting People to Birds and Nature Since 1916!

Join us on Facebook!