Date: 11/13/18 3:55 pm
From: janna pauser <jannapauser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Calero Reservoir rails 11-13
I decided to stop at Calero for a few minutes on my south county route
and stayed for an hour. At least 80 aechmophorus grebes were spread out
near the dam. There were more ducks but I concentrated on the mud flats.
Two SORA were out in the open, once battling like coots. A VIRGINA RAIL
was seen and one WILSON'S SNIPE showed itself. Several AM. PIPITS flew
back and forth calling and a NO. HARRIER patrolled the area.

The rest of my drive was uneventful until I got to Laguna hoping to find
some pipits. Much to my surprise they were lined up on the wires, at
least 80 of them. The light was bad so I drove to the end of the road
and turn around seeing a LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE, SAY'S PHOEBE, WESTERN
MEADOWLARK, YELLOW BILLED MAGPIES and blackbirds. I looked to the south
and there were hundreds of AM. PIPITS in the sky over the green field,
they flew across the road towards Bailey and disappeared. There was no
way to look through these birds in flight so I gave up, wondering what I
may have missed.

Janna Pauser
San Jose