Date: 11/13/18 2:57 pm
From: Dave Weber <dwbirdster...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Chestnut-collared Longspur continues Nov 13 pm
Got to the kite flying area at Shoreline Park in Mtn View shortly before
1pm. Pipits but no longspur. Pipits flew to the far east end of the overflow
lot. I, with Bill Pelletier and others, went in that direction to the small
plowed area. Pipits were foraging in it, difficult to see. Eventually I
located the Chestnut-collared Longspur at the east end of the plowed area.
It was difficult to get others on it, as it was drab as dirt (but still
good-looking), and there weren't many good landmarks. The group flushed
again, but I was able to view the longspur at 25 ft at the NE corner of the
same plot.

Dave Weber,

Milpitas