Date: 11/13/18 6:16 am
From: Corey, Ed <ed.corey...>
Subject: They're on the way! -- Evening Grosbeak in VA - 11Nov2018
Folks,

Returning from a birding trip to Maryland on Sunday, Andrew Thornton, Jacob Farmer, and I stopped by the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel rest stop, in hopes of picking up a few VA birds. The highlight at this stop was a very cooperative female Evening Grosbeak, which first perched a medium distance from us, then flew and perched 20 feet over our heads! This location is roughly 40 miles from the NC border, so keep your eyes open and your feeders filled! Please see our checklist below:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ebird.org_view_checklist_S49868063&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=4ljBOTVyuquha0_3H7ymuuy35IHK6ksvgUZ3Gpfr558&s=ofnAjNdSnUIR4aBshrxv0RXgOE4DyiAQllp3Obo58Ac&e=

Good birding!

Ed Corey
Inventory Biologist, NC Division of Parks and Recreation
NC Dept. of Natural and Cultural Resources
919 841 4037 Office
919 208 7864 Mobile
<Ed.Corey...><mailto:<Ed.Corey...>

12700 Bayleaf Church Road | Raleigh, North Carolina 27614

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Join us on Facebook!