Date: 11/12/18 2:37 pm
From: janna pauser <jannapauser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] sapsuckers and Black-throated Gray Warbler
This morning I came across a hybrid RED NAPED, RED BREASTED SAPSUCKER on
the Alamitos Creek trail. Later on San Vicente I found two interacting
RED BREASTED SAPSUCKERS on the abandoned property across from Stile
Ranch trailhead of Santa Teresa Co Park.

I located a seep below an orange lichen covered rock on the Stile Ranch
hillside constantly visited by sparrows and saw SAVANNAH, WHITE CROWNED,
GOLDEN CROWNED SPARROWS. The area is extremely dry with fewer birds than
normal for this time of year. A single RUFOUS CROWNED SPARROW was heard
only. A SAY'S PHOEBE and AM. KESTREL pair were perched nearby.

Saturday, 11-10 I heard a flat chip call and found a male BLACK THROATED
GRAY WARBLER in New Almaden.

Wednesday 11-07 Five CHIPPING SPARROWS were together on the ground,
under the redwood grove in TJ Martin Park. Three others were seen in
other park locations.

Janna Pauser
San Jose