Date: 11/11/18 3:12 pm
From: Glenn d'Entremont <gdentremont1...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Cave Swallow-Ellisville Harbor (Plymouth) 11/11/18
We had a Cave Swallow at Ellisville Harbor State Park today at around 12:45 p.m. We saw the bird from Ellisville road where there is a pipe for spring water on the north end. This overlooks the park from the south as one looks north over a tidal flat. The bird was consistently flying along the marsh looking at the top of the marsh vegetation toward the trees of the park. The light from the south allowed good views of the field marks.

A square tailed swallow, dark rufous forehead, dark throat lighter than the forehead, back dark, rump tawny or pale rust, head dark, whitish/pale line from underparts to behind ariculars, back and head not brown or green/blue.

Glenn

Glenn d'Entremont: <gdentremont1...> Stoughton, MA

Join us on Facebook!