Date: 11/11/18 2:59 pm
From: John Row <johmarrow...>
Subject: Gray Catbird - Surprise of the Day
Today was a good day for feeder watching with several flyover species to pad the list to 22 species. The surprise of the morning was when a gray catbird emerged from a tangle of clematis and Virginia creeper vines that have climbed up on our declining ornamental plum. A mess that needs to be cleaned up but with the addition of some pokeweed its an attractive spot for birds to hang out. Diane was at the kitchen sink when the catbird emerged from the thicket. It came out in full view and hung around for a while, disappearing when I got the camera out.

John and Diane Row

Manhattan, KS

Riley Co.

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html