Date: 11/11/18 12:14 pm
From: E-mail <wnlaubscher...>
Subject: Fwd: [PABIRDS] Wintering Hummingbird Reminder
See below.

KEEP THOSE FEEDERS UP!! Make no mistake, these western hummers are very cold hardy. Several years ago I banded a November Rufous Hummer in Lemont that, on her last day seen the following January, it was -9 F. with a wind chill of -30 -35 F.

This bird currently holds the low temperature tolerance record for a Rufous Hummingbird!

See: https://www.facebook.com/pg/FallForHummingbirdsContest

Wayne Laubscher
Lock Haven

"Owl be back"

<wnlaubscher...> mailto:<wnlaubscher...>

From: Sandy Lockerman <000000b169997ab9-dmarc-request...> mailto:<000000b169997ab9-dmarc-request...> >
To: <PABIRDS...> mailto:<PABIRDS...>
Date: November 11, 2018 at 2:07 PM
Subject: [PABIRDS] Wintering Hummingbird Reminder

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that now that it is November, if you observe a hummingbird
at your feeders please contact one of us and we will make arrangements with
you to come out to catch, band and identify it. Yesterday I was in NE PA
and although one would not go in the trap, I did manage to catch two rufous
hummingbirds that were only 1.5 miles apart. Today, I was able to catch and
identify another rufous in southeast PA.

Our email addresses are:

Scott Weidensaul <scottweidensaul...> mailto:<scottweidensaul...>

Sandy Lockerman <sandylockerman...> mailto:<sandylockerman...>

Bob Mulvihill <robert.mulvihill...> mailto:<robert.mulvihill...>

Wayne Laubscher <wnlaubscher...> mailto:<wnlaubscher...>

David Hauber <haubers3...> mailto:<haubers3...>

Sandy Lockerman

Harrisburg, Dauphin Co.

<sandylockerman...> mailto:<sandylockerman...>

Join us on Facebook!