Date: 11/11/18 8:59 am
From: Pete Janzen <pete.janzen...>
Subject: LaFarge sandpit Nov 11
I visited LaFarge Sandpit in Wichita (Sedgwick County) today for the
first time this fall.  I was hoping to find the White-winged Scoter
reported by Mike Nolan yesterday.  I did find that one, along with a
female Surf Scoter.  Another good find was two swans that appeared to me
to be Tundra that flew directly over me but did not land.  For those not
in the Facebook group, three Black Scoters were reported here earlier in
the week, also by Mike Nolan.  I looked hard for a Black Scoter in hopes
of scoring the trifecta but I could not find one.  Not to say there is
not at least one in the area.  There are a ton of waterfowl there and
some are too far away to ID.  Complete checklist can be seen at
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49855953

--
Pete Janzen Wichita, KS <pete.janzen...>

For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>

Join us on Facebook!