Date: 11/10/18 7:49 pm
From: Steve Rottenborn <srottenborn...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Palo Alto warblers
Earlier this morning (10 Nov), birding at the Palo Alto Regional Water Quality Control Plant produced two Palm Warblers (one near the northeast corner of the plant and one near the southeast corner) and a late Wilson's Warbler about midway along the east side of the plant. Of the 120+ Yellow-rumped Warblers there, all that I saw well were Audubon's except for one Myrtle (I'm reporting this not because Myrtle is rare here, as it isn't, but I don't often see ratios of the two reported in the South Bay). About 250 Bonaparte's Gulls were feeding in the tanks at the plant, visible only when they'd get up and fly around over the plant.

At the southeast corner of the Palo Alto Flood Control Basin, Adobe Creek had a House Wren, an Orange-crowned Warbler, and 3 Myrtle Warblers among 60 or so Audubon's.

This evening, 2 adult Snow Geese and 4 Aleutian Cackling Geese were with 40 Canada Geese in eastern Morgan Hill, in the field north of Diana Avenue and west of Hill Road.

Steve Rottenborn
Morgan Hill, CA