Date: 11/10/18 7:02 pm
From: Oscar Harper <oeharper3...>
Subject: [obol] Ona Beach Magnolia Warbler continues, 2 Palm Warblers at HMSC
Hi all,

Hendrik and I made a brief afternoon trip to the Lincoln Coast today with
Kai and Ben Frueh and Isaac Denzer to look for the MAGNOLIA WARBLER that's
been hanging out at Ona Beach SP for a week now. When we arrived, we
encountered several dejected-looking birders, some of whom had already been
there for three hours without seeing the bird, and our hearts sank. But a
short while later, Kai "Eagle-eye" Frueh spotted the guest of honor high in
a birch tree near the main highway bridge (not the warbler's "usual"
hangout), and eventually all present were able to get good looks at it!

On the way home we paid a brief visit to the Hatfield Marine Science
Center, where we found one PALM WARBLER along the Nature Trail between the
shelter and the main parking lot, and a second PALM WARBLER was in the
bushes where the trail hits the parking lot. Not a bad way to end a fun
chase trip!

Good birding!

Oscar

Join us on Facebook!