Date: 11/10/18 4:13 pm
From: George W Gove <gwgove...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Some Cape Cod birds
We went to the Lower Cape this week and, altho we didn't see anything
spectacular, we did see some large numbers of some birds. For example,
there were a large number of Kittiwakes at Race Point Beach along with
Bonapertes Gulls. Incidentally, we first went to Herring Cove Beach but
it was closed due to parking lot and road construction and the
Provincelands Road from Herring Cove to Race Point was closed so we have
to go back and take Race Point Road from US 6.

We saw Gannets and Red-throated Loons all along the Atlantic Coast from
Race Point to Nauset Beach in Orleans and I estimated a minimum of 100
Red-throated Loons at Nauset Beach where there was a huge flock of Black
Scoters, mostly males, plus many Common Eider. Scoters and Eider were
also common along the coast.

We also saw one Red-throated Loon in Wellfleet Harbor that had a red
throat as seen here (just click on the first image and then click next).

http://www.pbase.com/gwgove/rtloon

On Nov 8, at Monomoy, we saw 3 Oystercatchers from the F&WS area. George
Gove & Judy Gordon Marlboro

Join us on Facebook!