Date: 11/10/18 2:28 pm
From: bilal al-shahwany via Groups.Io <bilal_al_shahwany=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Chestnut-collared Longspur, Shoreline Park
Bird seen now foraging with pipits, same location, great find

On Saturday, November 10, 2018, 12:41 PM, Steve Rottenborn <srottenborn...> wrote:

There is a Chestnut-collared Longspur in the Shoreline Amphitheater overflow parking lot in Mountain View.  This is the large short-grass field on your right just after you pass the entrance kiosk on Shoreline Blvd.  It looks like a female.  I’ve gotten some pretty good photos.  I initially saw the bird very briefly in flight with some American Pipits at around 11:45.  It is now (12:40) foraging by itself about 200 m east of the parking lot (though it’s moving around).

Steve Rottenborn
Morgan Hill, CA