Date: 11/8/18 8:47 pm
From: Daniel Scheiman <birddan...>
Subject: Re: Whooping crane
Under the ABAıs Recording Rules http://listing.aba.org/aba-recording-rules/
"an individual of a reintroduced indigenous species may be counted if it is
part of a population that has successfully hatched young in the wild or when
it is not possible to reasonably separate the reintroduced individual from a
wild-born individual.²

ABA specifies which Whooping Crane populations are countable in their list
of Reintroduced Indigenous Species
http://listing.aba.org/reintroduced-indigenous-species.

Dan Scheiman
Little Rock, AR

On 11/8/18, 6:13 PM, "The Birds of Arkansas Discussion List on behalf of
Gmail" <ARBIRD-L...> on behalf of <butchchq8...> wrote:

Dan,

Could you be more specific in that regard? One could argue that at current
rate of decline, decade over decade, that very few species are actually
self-sustaining, thus the need for conservation. If they were, why bother?

On Nov 8, 2018, at 18:06, Daniel Scheiman <birddan...> wrote:

> Nope, it isnıt countable because it isnıt from a self-sustaining population.
> Karenıs original postıs subject line is ³Captive-Reared Whooping Crane in
> Monroe Co.² and she says "L4-17 a female Whooping Crane from the Experimental
> Whooping Crane Population established in Coastal Louisiana.²
>
> Dan Scheiman
> Little Rock
>
> On 11/8/18, 3:27 PM, "The Birds of Arkansas Discussion List on behalf of James
> Dixon" <ARBIRD-L...> on behalf of <jamesdixonlr...> wrote:
>

> I think he probably is. He's not penned or anything and came to Arkansas on
> his own didn't he?
>

> Jim Dixon
> Little Rock
> www.jamesdixon.us <http://www.jamesdixon.us>
> "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly
> usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something
> you were after." ‹ Thorin

Join us on Facebook!