Date: 11/8/18 4:05 pm
Subject: Falls Lake- Rolling View, 11/8
Hey everyone,
Always interesting to see how diversity and numbers of waterfowl fluctuate in the same week at Falls Lake. There is clearly a big movement of Common Loons occurring right now inland, I only had 6 a few days ago and this evening there were 99!! Horned Grebe numbers have dropped, as have numbers for Gadwall. Scaup numbers are up though, and now there are a handful of Greaters in the mix. Otherwise, the other notable addition was American Coot, with two rafts at different parts of the lake. Nothing of note among the gulls. Did have a Great Horned Owl calling though, nice to hear.
Below are the list of birds I had from both swim beaches this evening at Rolling View.https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ebird.org_view_checklist_S49763494&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=9goXhHBLPChWECRoG3HgScHaKgEMhop6Spzk9zUj8zg&s=NvjhDwAKkAE7jHSLuAhIS8J-VAI1UXHWLkwJyroJNl4&e=

Northern Shoveler- 3Gadwall- 3American Wigeon- 3Mallard- 2Greater Scaup- 5Lesser Scaup- 20Bufflehead- 2Ruddy Duck- 12Pied-billed Grebe- 58Horned Grebe- 19American Coot- 76Bonaparte's GullRing-billed GullCommon Loon- 99Double-crested Cormorant- 28

Cheers,Kyle KittelbergerRaleigh, NC

Join us on Facebook!