Date: 11/8/18 3:26 pm
From: Cuyler Stapelmann <cuylerstapelmann...>
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Bunting at Gaviota State Beach
A total of four birders were looking for the painted bunting between 12 and
2:20, when I left not having seen any buntings. The gray catbird continues,
and it literally almost flew into me while I was in a "blind" formed by a
nicotiana sapling. Otherwise, a Northern harrier was flying east over the
canyon closer to the tunnel and passerine activity seemed low (except for
the house finches) compared to the weekend.

Cuyler
SB

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:08 AM Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33...>
wrote:

> Not Varied— *Painted!*
> Coming to N side of creek to drink.
> Bird is at 34.47317 -120.22856
> I obtained a few crummy but usable digitscoped photos. The bird is about
> 70 m to my west, upcreek.
> Belly pale yellow green, crown and back brighter green, no wing bars.
>
> Mark Holmgren
> Sta Barbara

View/Reply Online (#27921): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27921
-=-=-