Date: 11/8/18 2:09 pm
From: MJ Keeler <maryjane.keeler...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [Arlington Birds] Medford surprises 11/08
Lovely to see this report.

I went to Dunback and brought home a couple of ticks, and one decided to
investigate and found it this morning lodged in my upper back.

Please be extra mindful while doing complete tick checks. Once getting
home, find a tick-check point and go through all the clothing you had on,
including the shoes, and your car seat.

I was able to get my dose of Doxycycline Hyclate this morning at the
walk-in clinic at Mt. Auburn Hospital. My, how I hate that medication.

Be careful!!

MJ

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 3:23 PM '<dacooper...>' <dacooper...>
[arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> Some nice birds this morning:
>
> Brooks Estate: (The vireo, oriole, and blackpolls were in the berry bushes
> and vines at the top of the hill behind the stump-dump)
>
> 8 Wood Ducks
> 27 Hooded Mergansers
> 1 RED-EYED VIREO
> 1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
> 1 BALTIMORE ORIOLE (1st fall male)
> 2 Blackpolls
>
> Middlesex Fells (Whitmore Brook path and nearby):
>
> 1 Carolina Wren
> 1 Winter Wren
> 3 Hermit thrush
> 1 Purple Finch
> 1 MAGNOLIA WARBLER near the Winford Way entrance - all the usual field
> marks - bright yellow breast, heavy dark streaks on flanks, yellow rump,
> white under tail with large black tail-tip, etc. (maybe a fall adult male?)
>
> Renee LaFontaine
> Medford, MA

Join us on Facebook!