Date: 11/8/18 1:16 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: Re: [GeneseeBirds-L] Canandaigua Loons
    Interesting about the loons. Today at Hamlin Beach, there was some loon movement, mostly Common Loons and mostly headed east and often pretty high up.We are approaching historically the crossover time after which Red-throated Loons will outnumber Commom there and mostly headed west.
Bob Spahn, <rspahn...>

On Thursday, November 8, 2018 4:00 PM, Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...> wrote:

This afternoon after 3pm I stopped at the Canandaigua Water Supply Facility (called the water pumping station in eBird) to see if the loons were still out there.  They are.  With a slow scan I counted 101 Common Loons and 1 Red-throated.  Most of the loons were in 4 separate groups half way across the lake, and all but one were south of the Facility so potentially more visible from the German Brothers Marina or from the east side of the lake at Ontario Beach Park.  Did not see a single duck out there in half an hour of scanning.  One Horned Grebe was the only other water bird I saw other than gulls.

Bill Howe
<Whhowe60...>