Date: 11/8/18 1:12 pm
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [slocobirding] [eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Harlequin Duck (1 report)
- Vermilion Flycatcher (1 report)
- Palm Warbler (Western) (1 report)

Harlequin Duck (Histrionicus histrionicus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 07, 2018 10:45 by Roger Zachary
- Estero Bluffs SP, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.4484114,-120.9437799&ll=35.4484114,-120.9437799
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing bird"

Vermilion Flycatcher (Pyrocephalus rubinus) (1)
- Reported Nov 07, 2018 11:56 by Morgan Condict
- Laguna Lake Park, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.2656069,-120.6903817&ll=35.2656069,-120.6903817
- Comments: "Spotted in the brush along the trail heading north toward the hills/open space."

Palm Warbler (Western) (Setophaga palmarum palmarum) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 07, 2018 09:40 by Tom Edell
- Del Mar Park--Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3987056,-120.8586752&ll=35.3987056,-120.8586752
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "1-2 present. I first saw one up creek of the pedestrian bridge that just finished bathing. It preened in the willows before dropping to the lawn around the well trimmed pink flowering shrubs. I lost sight of this bird and then walked west and found one with the Audubon's Warblers on the lawn between the dog park and the Alva Paul Creek riparian habitat. I could see no obvious difference between the birds at each location and it was possibly the same bird, though two reported here recently suggests two may have been present. Both birds had bright yellow undertail coverts but were otherwise pale below with diffuse streaks across the breast, a dark eye line and pale supercilium, brownish back and wings, and intermittently bobbed the tail while feeding and at rest."