Date: 11/8/18 1:00 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Canandaigua Loons
This afternoon after 3pm I stopped at the Canandaigua Water Supply Facility (called the water pumping station in eBird) to see if the loons were still out there. They are. With a slow scan I counted 101 Common Loons and 1 Red-throated. Most of the loons were in 4 separate groups half way across the lake, and all but one were south of the Facility so potentially more visible from the German Brothers Marina or from the east side of the lake at Ontario Beach Park. Did not see a single duck out there in half an hour of scanning. One Horned Grebe was the only other water bird I saw other than gulls.

Bill Howe
<Whhowe60...>