Date: 11/8/18 12:47 pm
From: Alan Belford <alan_belford...>
Subject: [de-birds] Bombay Hook Godwits
I was out with some folks on 10/26 in Bombay Hook NWR and we found 5 Marbled and 3 Hudsonian Godwits, along with a nice collection of other shorebirds which included the American Avocets, both Dowitchers, Pectoral, etc.

I was back at Bombay Hook with my brother yesterday (11/7) and we found 3 Marbled and at least 13 Hudsonian Godwits. One of the Hudsonian was with the Marbled and Avocets (both of which moved to the flats opposite Shearness with the tide change) on Raymond, but there were 12 Hudsonians on the east end of Shearness Pool mixed in with a diverse group of shorebirds, waterfowl etc. Some birds were tucked behind the vegetation so we tried the Shearness tower to see if we could find more, but we didn't turn any more Hudsonians up - although some birds still remained out of view from the tower.

Good Birding!

Alan Belford

Saranac Lake, NY

List help: <DE-BIRDS-request...>