Date: 11/8/18 12:44 pm
From: Carol Del-Colle <wvnaturalist...>
Subject: Blue-headed Vireo- yard- Summit Point
Looking out the kitchen window yesterday morning, I was treated to the sight of a male Blue-headed Vireo flying to some foliage near our stream. It then flew to the rocks edging the stream, and was there briefly before being scared off by some other birds flying in. It flew over to the woods edge nearby and out of sight. I watched for a bit longer, but did not see it return. I had previously reported seeing a Blue-headed Vireo on October 31 of this year, which at that time was the latest date I had ever observed this species in the yard. So to say I was surprised at yesterday's appearance of this late migrant is an understatement. A new red letter day for me.

In addition, on a walk around the property yesterday, I found my first for the season for the yard Brown Creeper in the wooded area behind the house.

Happy birding,

Carol Del-Colle

Summit Point

Jefferson County