Date: 11/8/18 9:52 am
From: Jennifer Coulson <jenniferocoulson...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Michael Seymour speaks about VHF Network for Migration Tracking - Tues., Nov. 13
Orleans Audubon Society PROGRAM
*Casting a Net for Bird Movements: Louisiana’s SPDOR VHF Network for
Wildlife Tracking*
*Speaker:* Michael Seymour, Nongame Ornithologist, Louisiana Department of
Wildlife and Fisheries
*Date:* Tuesday, November 13
*Time:* 6:30 p.m. social, 7:00 p.m. program
*Location:* Community Church Unitarian Universalist, 6690 Fleur de Lis
Drive, New Orleans, Louisiana 70124, is located in Lakeview, on the
southwest corner of Fleur de Lis Drive and 38th Street.

Michael Seymour will tell us about the relatively new, and ever-expanding,
Motus Wildlife Tracking System and how it is being used in bird research
and conservation. Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries has VHF
receiver stations, creating a digital fence of detection along our coast.
Michael will discuss the latest technology that has made this major advance
possible, the state of our current network and its projected footprint for
2018, and the most up-to-date detections from the Louisiana stations.

This presentation is free and open to the public.
To sign up for free email notices from OAS, send a request to:
<OrleansAudubon...>

Jennifer Coulson
OAS President

Join us on Facebook!