Date: 11/8/18 9:26 am
From: Justin Rink <spindalis79...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Mead Long-tailed Duck, Carter Lake BCNH
Yesterday around 12:00pm I was fortunate to see the very elegant basic
plumaged male LONG-TAILED DUCK. However this was not before going in
to the Mead town hall and voicing my odd request for gaining access to
the treatment ponds.
The lady at the front desk explained that another man had asked
permission as well that same day.
I later hit some Douglas Co. areas before heading to Carter Lake.
Finally I found a fairly sizable raft of common diving ducks. Most
were comprised of LESSER SCAUP.
A rather surprising species I discovered was a lingering hatch-year
BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT-HERON in a cove.
Good birding.
Justin RinkMidtown Omaha Douglas Co., <NEspindalis79...>

Posted by: Justin Rink <spindalis79...>

[IMAGE]

Visit Your Group

* New Members 1

* New Photos 2

Yahoo! Groups • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Join us on Facebook!