Date: 11/8/18 8:58 am
From: dawn v <d_villa...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Tillamook Bay CBC
If I'm counting correctly, this will be the 55th Tillamook Bay CBC,
right? dawn v
Lincoln City/Nelscott Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 at 10:25 PM
From: "Owen Schmidt" <oschmidt...>
To: OBOL <obol...>
Cc: "James Billstine" <billstinj...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Tillamook Bay CBC ........ the Tillamook Bay CBC
was established by Joe Strauch, who compiled the first Count in
January 1965. For reasons now lost to time, Bill Thackaberry took the
Count from there and compiled the second ORTB in December 1965. He
compiled through December 1985 — 21 years. I started in 1986 and
complied 32 years, through 2017. Except for the first year ORTB has
always been run on the first Saturday of the Count Period ……. the
tradition continues! <oschmidt...>, November 7, 2018 He
participated in every ORTB since then, with the exception of the past
2.

On Nov 7, 2018, at 5:02 PM, James Billstine <billstinj...>
wrote: Hi all, I am honored to take over the long-running
Tillamook Bay CBC as compiler. Owen Schmidt has compiled for many
decades, and the gentleman whose name slips my memory compiled it
for decades before him. I hope that I will be able to continue
that tradition. The Tillamook Bay CBC will be on Saturday,
December 15. Teams will be arranged in advance. Please contact
Jimmy Billstine for more information: <billstinj...> --
James Billstine --
--
Portland Area Birds has a web interface that allows you to post,

POST: Send your post to <obol...> JOIN OR QUIT:
http://www.freelists.org/list/obol OBOL archives:
www.freelists.org/archive/obol Contact moderator:
<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!