Date: 11/8/18 8:48 am
From: Ulrike G <ulrikedg...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Dark-morph RTHA in Johnston
In a small kettle circling above Johnston High School at 9:35 am was a very
dark Red-tailed Hawk. It appeared solid black until I got my binoculars on
it. There was some streakiness to the belly and the tail was rufous. Two of
the other birds were immature Bald Eagles and the fourth (highest up) was
another darker buteo.

--
Ulrike G.
Polk County