Date: 11/8/18 8:25 am
From: Nathaniel Sharp <nsharp...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Late-Autumn Bird Walk - Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller NHP - Woodstock
I'm excited to announce that I will be leading my first bird walk as the
Vermont Center for Ecostudies Citizen Science Outreach Naturalist this
weekend! We will begin with a presentation on late-autumn/early-winter bird
ID and some tips and tricks for using eBird, then travel the trails of the
park and see what can be found. See below for more info on the walk.

Date: Saturday, November 10, 2018

Time: 8:30am to 11:30am

Location: Carriage Barn Visitor Center, Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National
Historical Park, Woodstock, VT

Fee: No cost

Reservations: To register or learn more visit
https://www.nps.gov/mabi/learn/nature/working-woodlands-workshops.htm
<https://www.nps.gov/mabi/learn/nature/working-woodlands-workshops.htm?fbclid=IwAR3ckIXLrwxzPyXfWdyqftufK28aqOH1psixSAF8-UYi3k_2ZodDQPSBs1s>

2018 is the Year of the Bird, commemorating the 100th anniversary of the
Migratory Bird Treaty Act. In recognition of this milestone,
Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park is teaming up with
the Vermont
Center for Ecostudies <https://www.facebook.com/vtecostudies/> to help you
become a better birder! Join us for a lesson in late-autumn birding led by
VCE’s Nathaniel Sharp, starting with an indoor presentation and ending with
a bird walk through the park. Nathaniel will introduce us to fall/winter
bird species, provide tips on how to use the eBird app for birding, and
help us identify birds as he leads us through the bird walk. All ages and
experience levels welcome!

This event is BYOB- Bring Your Own Binoculars! A limited number of pairs of
binoculars will be available for loan. Please dress appropriately for
extended outdoor activity. Co-sponsored by Vermont Coverts: Woodlands for
Wildlife
<https://www.facebook.com/Vermont-Coverts-Woodlands-for-Wildlife-104201819614238/>
and
the Vermont Woodlands Association
<https://www.facebook.com/vermontwoodlands/>.

Nathaniel Sharp is the Citizen Science Outreach Naturalist at the Vermont
Center for Ecostudies <https://www.facebook.com/vtecostudies/>. The Vermont
Center for Ecostudies advances conservation of wildlife through research,
monitoring, and citizen engagement. To learn more about their work visit
vtecostudies.org.
<http://vtecostudies.org/?fbclid=IwAR0NWN-rvJezsocvezju8HFyeO_ZEz7K1jxo1FVdHqFXdFqpGJZpVf0BU_c>

--
Nathaniel Sharp
Citizen Science Outreach Naturalist
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, VT 05055
802-649-1431 ext. 213
https://vtecostudies.org/

[image: Image result for eco americorps logo]

Join us on Facebook!