Date: 11/8/18 8:02 am
From: Paul Ippolito <paulippolito295...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] MBC Meeting Reminder - tonight Thursday Nov 8th
Our next meeting of the season is tonight Thursday, November 8th @ 7:30 PM.
The doors open at 7:00 PM for some social time and setup.

Fox Library Community Room

Recording Bird Sounds - Dr. Timothy Spahr

Please join the Menotomy Bird Club as Dr. Timothy Spahr leads a
workshop where we will discuss recording and analyzing bird
vocalizations. Rather than concentrate on sophisticated recording
gear, we will discuss simple recordings made with phones and digital
cameras, and then graduate to discussing small hand-held devices and
also external microphones.

There are several free sound-processing software packages available
such as Audacity, and we will also discuss how to use these simply and
effectively for improving recordings. Recordings deposited in eBird
checklists are being added to the Macaulay Library at Cornell, and we
will discuss how to prepare and insert these recordings in your
checklists.

If anyone would like to bring a baked item, bought item or drink that
would be fantastic! Please email Wendy McIntosh at <WendyMcI...> so
we can coordinate our contributions.

Hope to see you there!!!

Paul Ippolito – Woburn

Join us on Facebook!