Date: 11/8/18 5:08 am
From: Jeremy Nance via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Chimney Swifts
Like Greg, I’ve been wondering what’s going on with all of the late Chimney Swift reports. This year a pair nested in our chimney, and I was surprised that they were still feeding young (quite noisily) until the very end of August. This seemed late to me considering that most move out in September. I’m wondering whether swifts started nesting later this year, or alternatively maybe more had a second brood given what seemed a good wet summer full of insects. I’m curious if anyone else noticed relatively late nesting swifts this year.

Jeremy Nance
Easton CT