Date: 11/8/18 4:45 am
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Southern Chester County Hawk Watch at Bucktoe Creek Preserve (06 Nov 2018) Raptors

Observation start time: 09:00:00
Observation end time: 15:00:00
Total observation time: 6 hours

Official Counter: Larry Lewis

Observers:

Visitors:
CREEK PRESERVE
<BR><BR>
Visitors (1): Only me...and I'd like to thank me for coming!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>

Weather:
<BR><BR>
Weather:
Cloudy w/Showers (100% cloud cover), Ceiling - 500-10,400 ft., Visibility -
4-10 miles, Temps 56 - 65F, Winds SE @ 15 - 25 mph.
<BR><BR>

Raptor Observations:
NOT ONE WAS SEEN TODAY!!

Non-raptor Observations:
<BR><BR>
TODAY’S ‘BBB:’ More rain is called for this election day. Weather
appropriately depicting the state of our political situation, I fear. I
voted first thing this morning. Did you? I hope so. My vote? I’ll own
up to this: I did vote for better weather than we had, are having, and are
predicted to have. [metaphor also intended] Not sure if that makes me
“Red” or “Blue,” liberal or conservative? Where’s my “absentee ballot?”
At Bucktoe, I just couldn’t get any traction – me or my van! There were
rainwater pools everywhere, even on the main driveway. It was rough and
called for a change in plans – a quick breakfast and a visit to Lowe’s for
things I need for site projects. Today was a total “downer.”
<BR><BR>
We identified 32 species at Bucktoe today. Better birds included Palm
Warbler, White-crowned Sparrow, Pine Siskin, and Purple Finch. Nothing new
for this year’s “hawk watch area” species list was seen today. [144
species for the season]
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>
----ADDITIONAL BIRD HIGHLIGHTS:
<BR><BR>
Palm Warbler, Rusty Blackbird, Fox Sparrow, White-crowned Sparrow, Pine
Siskin, and Purple Finch.
<BR><BR>
----OTHER WILDLIFE NOTED: Butterflies (0). Dragonflies (0). Reptiles &
Amphibians (0). Mammals (0).
<BR><BR>
for today (join me, if you wish): Miles: .83; Steps: 1,647; Floors: 3.
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>
TOTAL SPECIES – Identified from watch site: today: 32; this season: 144
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>

Predictions:
Tomorrow’s flight looks better than today!!
<BR><BR>
Rain or shine.

Site Description:
High open meadow near Red Clay Creek