Date: 11/7/18 9:08 pm
Subject: Re: FW: Watauga County egret
Mike et. al,
I want to point out that there is in fact a fall record for Intermediate
Egret in North America, also from the Western Aleutians, 28 September 2010
on Shemya; the bird was a first-year and ultimately collected. This report,
along with a nice side-by-side illustration comparing Intermediate and
Great Egrets, can be found in Rare Birds of North America by Howell,
Lewington, & Russell.
Best Regards,
Matt Janson
Ithaca, NY