Date: 11/7/18 8:54 pm
From: Peter Schneekloth via Groups.Io <peterschneekloth=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Cachuma Christmas Bird Count Date and Request for Participants
All - A reminder that the Cachuma Christmas Bird Count is set for Thursday, December 27th. We will be using the same format we have for the last few years with the compilation dinner to take place at Sedgewick Reserve and the not to be missed vegetarian chili by Cruz on the menu!

With the ever changing conditions in the count circle due to fire/fire recovery, the die off of pines at certain key locations and perhaps most importantly the amount of precipitation we receive it is always a challenge to get enough birders and then get them assigned to the most strategic locations. With that we are looking for an early show of hands for those that plan to participate this year so we can start putting the puzzle pieces together. We will be reaching out directly to past participants as needed but if you are able to reply to me only regarding your plans it will be much appreciated.

This is a great chance to get access to some wonderful birding areas that are not accessible at all times. There are already some interesting birds appearing at the lake and it's always exciting to see what shows up in the mountains, lake, ponds, and ranches as we get deeper into fall and early winter.

Your Cachuma CBC Team Cruz, Kate, Peter

View/Reply Online (#27911): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27911
-=-=-
-=-=-