Date: 11/7/18 8:41 pm
From: Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Cachuma Lake today
I scoped Cachuma from 4 points taking note of recent waterfowl arrivals. Cachuma Bay has the best habitat for tucked away ducks and shorebirds, but I did not go there today.

The Greater White-fronted Geese and the lone white goose present in late October have not been detected in more than a week.
112 Canada Geese were present today. Gadwall, Am. Wigeon, Pintail, Canvasback, Bufflehead, and Ruddy Ducks were present but none were represented by more than 8 individuals. 342 Western and Clark’s Grebes is a low count. The only shorebirds other than Killdeer and Spotted Sandpipers were Wilson’s Snipe (4) and Least Sandpiper (9). Rock Wrens are still easily seen.
Another birder reported a Yellow-billed Magpie from Cachuma on eBird without any comments or details. Hoping to get that clarified.

Mark Holmgren
San Marcos Pass

View/Reply Online (#27910): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27910
-=-=-