Date: 11/7/18 8:10 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene
Our walk this morning was the perimeter of Day Island (former dump) east end of Alton Baker Park. Defined basically by I-5 on the east, the Willamette River on the south, and the canoe trail on the north, including the sizable pond by the radio towers.
Bird abundance was spotty, but the species mix was mainly near the bridge to the south of the pond.
37 species.

Canada Goose - about 100
Mallard - scattered
Ring-necked Duck - 4 on the pond
Common Merganser - 9 on the river
Pied-billed Grebe 4 on teh pond
Rock Pigeon always a flock near I-5 bridge structure
Anna’s Hummingbird 2
American Coot 2
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Glaucous-winged Gull 1
Gull sp. 3
Double-crested Cormorant 6
Great Blue Heron 2
Bald Eagle 1
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Belted Kingfisher 2
Downy Woodpecker 4
Northern Flicker 4
Steller’s Jay 5
California Scrub-Jay 7
American Crow few
Black-capped Chickadee some
Bushtit some
Brown Creeper 1
Bewick’s Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet a collection and individuals
American Robin common around fruiting trees between the pond and bridge over the canoe trail.
European Starling few
Cedar Waxwing 2
House Finch 5
Lesser Goldfinch 30
Spotted Towhee 4
Song Sparrow 8
White-crowned Sparrow 2 (Steve)
Golden-crowned Sparrow good flock by the river, numbers extending along the river path from the Knickerbocker Bridge.
Dark-eyed Junco few for this bird
Townsend’s Warbler 1

Randy Sinnott, Mark and Cindy Armstrong, Tom Cable, Sylvia Maulding, Sarah Vasconcellos, Steve Dignam, Sue Hutchinson, Jim Mitchell, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!