Date: 11/7/18 7:48 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Curry Magpie 11/7/2018
As Wayne pointed out, it's fall, magpies are Corvids. Blue Jays have
routinely showed up around western Oregon, Brookings no less. A lot further
from there to Montana than a magpie would need to wander.

On Nov 7, 2018 6:04 PM, "Mark Nikas" <elepaio...> wrote:

Wasn't there a resident Magpie in Monmouth in the early 2000's? Seems like
it was around well over a year.

Mark Nikas

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 3:00 PM Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...> wrote:

> The magpie that was reported in Langlois a couple weeks back resurfaced up
> Floras Creek. Terry Wahl was able to see it up there about a 1/2 mile from
> Hwy 101 this morning after a local alerted him. It is probably moving
> between there and Langlois.
>
> Hard to say if this is a rare vagrant or someone’s escaped pet? There are
> no other south coast records. Anyone feel like weighing in on this, it may
> be around for the Port Orford CBC?
>
> Terry Wahl has a Say’s Phoebe at their family ranch barn near Cape Blanco
> and has seen two N Shrikes in different locations on the ranch in the last
> week.
>
> I had a Palm Warbler at the BLM office in North Bend at sunrise on
> Tuesday. This morning before sunrise in Brookings I saw 11 BC Night-herons
> fly into some trees and roost in the open along the river at the Port, the
> usual spot for them. They flew up slope and disappeared into some vegetated
> trees as sunrise approached.
>
> Happy birding!
> Tim Rodenkirk

Join us on Facebook!