Date: 11/7/18 3:47 pm
From: <dpvroman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Curry Magpie 11/7/2018
They have been reported on ebird in Josephine county this year at least
a couple of times. Two reported flew across I-5 just north of the
Manzanita Rest Stop a month or so ago. Also, reported along the Rogue
River south of Graves Cr in the past. Appear to travel the river at
times.

Try as I might, have yet to cross paths with any in Josephine, maybe
some day.

Dennis

On 2018-11-07 14:59, Tim Rodenkirk wrote:

> The magpie that was reported in Langlois a couple weeks back resurfaced up Floras Creek. Terry Wahl was able to see it up there about a 1/2 mile from Hwy 101 this morning after a local alerted him. It is probably moving between there and Langlois.
>
> Hard to say if this is a rare vagrant or someone's escaped pet? There are no other south coast records. Anyone feel like weighing in on this, it may be around for the Port Orford CBC?
>
> Terry Wahl has a Say's Phoebe at their family ranch barn near Cape Blanco and has seen two N Shrikes in different locations on the ranch in the last week.
>
> I had a Palm Warbler at the BLM office in North Bend at sunrise on Tuesday. This morning before sunrise in Brookings I saw 11 BC Night-herons fly into some trees and roost in the open along the river at the Port, the usual spot for them. They flew up slope and disappeared into some vegetated trees as sunrise approached.
>
> Happy birding!
> Tim Rodenkirk

Join us on Facebook!