Date: 11/7/18 1:14 pm
From: Joseph C. Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: Black Scoter at Lake Fayetteville
There is currently (2:30 PM Nov 7) a female Black Scoter in a largish raft of ducks (at least 11 species) at Lake Fayetteville. Mike Mlodinow found it today and called me. I got the message early this afternoon and found it with no trouble. Viewing was from the lake edge about midway along the disk golf course. The is only the second record for this species in Northwest Arkansas City. Of course, this is potentially very good news for those who come out for the Northwest Arkansas Audubon Society field trip this Saturday.

Join us on Facebook!