Date: 11/7/18 7:52 am
From: Cuyler Stapelmann <cuylerstapelmann...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Palm Warbler and Local Interest at Ortega Park
Hi all,

While taking my dog out for its morning walk, I discovered a palm warbler at Ortega Park near SB Junior High. I saw it bathing in a puddle on a concrete pad near Ortega Street, but if attempting to relocate this bird I would look for it on the fenced-off lawn. The City has been restoring the turf in the fields, so the lawn was seeded awhile back and has now been well-irrigated and fenced-off for the better part of the last 2 months. The fenced-off lawn has been very popular with meadowlarks, crows, savannah sparrows, house finches, blackbirds, yellow-rumps, and now a palm warbler, as well as several Cooper’s hawks, one of which finally took down a pigeon last week.

Cuyler
SB

View/Reply Online (#27907): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27907
-=-=-