Date: 11/6/18 7:13 pm
From: John Deacon <iseekbirds...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] MItchell Road Raptorfest
All:
This afternoon while walking my dog on Mitchell Road, I had great looks at a Prairie Falcon.  It was perched on the power pole at the north and west end of Mitchell Road by the horse corral.  This is the second day in a row I've seen this bird here.  I watched it successfully pursue what appeared to be a Mourning Dove.  I rushed home to get my camera.  Upon my return, there was no Prairie Falcon to be photographed, but I found a Ferruginous Hawk harassing a Golden Eagle.
Sorry about the poor photos in the E Bird checklist.  A better photographer would have made better use of this cool opportunity.  I found, what I believe to be, a second FEHA on Mitchell Road on the way back home.
If you are coming to northern SBC to bird, check out this location.  In summary, I had Ferruginous Hawks, Golden Eagle, Red Tailed Hawks, Turkey Vultures and a Prairie Falcon, all within an hour.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49728679
John DeaconOrcutt

View/Reply Online (#27906): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27906
-=-=-