Date: 11/6/18 3:46 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Interesting Eagle sighting from Harney County
When I was a Ranger at the John Day Fossil Beds Nat. Mon. in the summer of
1988, we were supposed to keep track of birds like this that flew up the
canyon of the John Day River. They'd come out of Whidbey Island, make a
practice bombing run at the Boardman Bombing Range, then drop below the
radar and wind their way through the John Day Canyons and land in Salt Lake.
One false move and they'd plow into the canyon walls.

We were supposed to get identification makings if we could, because they
weren't supposed to disturb the park. Visitors would cuss them for spoiling
their park experience. The park service compiled data and sent it to the
Navy, and the Navy would say, "Sorry."

Ahhh, how our government agencies work together. ;-)

Paul Sullivan

Date: Mon Nov 5 2018 10:40 am
From: pjlamberson AT gmail.com

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49666763