Date: 11/6/18 8:31 am
From: <badgerboy...>
Subject: Cattle Egret Watauga County Deep Gap area
Just saw a Cattle Egret while walking the dog on the little pond at
Birdseye View on Ben Miller Rd. in Deep Gap, Watauga County. This
appears to be only the 2nd report of that species for the county, and
first since the 1970's, and also for the entire High Country region,
consisting of Alleghany, Ashe, Watauga, and Avery Counties.

This strong front with southerly winds, appears to have blown a few
unusual birds into the mountains as a flock of 5 Great Egrets was
reported yesterday from the county, also very unusual for this time of year.

Anyone can see pictures of the Cattle Egret on my ebird checklist at:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ebird.org_view_checklist_S49716621&d=DwICaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=uf9xkHalhQkgQxzk8edb-BEUfjl31-bxS9Y5tlKMAbI&s=8RiJ6oqsGVaju9Zd76VulGY4MH9W886yHrdYtRGX4mg&e=

Guy McGrane, Deep Gap, NC

Join us on Facebook!