Date: 11/6/18 6:05 am
From: dianemarie yates <maribird...>
Subject: Intersperses audio response
I was wondering if any studies have been done. For years I've noted how crows seem to respond to dog- barks with similar tone & syllables. Indeed my Great Pyrenees responds to the crows. Blue jays imitate many of the hawks and not uncommonly just after the latter has vocalized. Many feeder birds & warblers tend to call moments after a similar species sings or calls. Are they just showing off or could it be some are deceived by language so like their own?
Just had FOS purple finch female to land with male house finch, and hearing blue-headed vireo.

Sent from my iPod

Join us on Facebook!